Follow by Email

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures


Be sure to check out Southern Hospitality for her weekend update. Here you'll find other participants as well and their finds while treasure hunting...you'll be amazed at all the terrific items!

My husband was gone for the weekend ~ setting up his deer lease ~ so I had a bit of time to browse the local thrift stores, one I hadn't been to before and it turned out to be the best. I'll be sure to put this one at the top of my list! Here are a few things I found:

The drum basket will match a stackable set I found at another thrift store a few weeks ago. I'm planning to use it with my nutcrackers this Christmas. I loved the little candle holder. It's very thin and dainty. I really liked the way it sits up nice and proud. Next to that is a little snow angel ~ she'll fit perfectly with my angel collection. The wooden set I originally thought would be neat painted white. But, after a bit of consideration, I think I'll leave it alone. Won't it be great for fall? And finally, I found this candle chandelier. It's from IKEA with the tag still attached. I don't think I'll hang it soon, but I do have plans for it as a centerpiece {more on that later.} All these treasures for under $ 8.00!

Then, I visited the second store. I had seen a glass decanter there that I liked, but it didn't have a stopper. After thinking about it for a few days, I went back to see if it was still there and to my surprise, it was! Well, as I was perusing the shelves, I found another one, in better condition with its stopper! SOLD! {It's the clear glass one below.}


My final stop was an antique mall. Here you can see the lavender decanter I found. I think it's new, but I couldn't resist. It matches a set of glassware that I have ~ you'll see it again with a tablescape soon. The two little candle holders are a deep red. I have two mugs from this pattern and I thought these sweet little additions would be great! They are Avon! Who knew?

It was a great day, one filled with anticipation and a lot of fun!

I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

10 comments:

  1. You found some great goodies! I think half my fun at thrifting is the anticipation of what I "might" find!!! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very cute things! I like that candle set with the big bowl, it's probably pretty old, so I can see why you might leave it and not paint it. Thanks for joining the party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candle holders are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that candle chandy, because you can either hang it or use it as a centerpiece, like you said. So versatile! I have one of those wooden boxes on the stand, that matches the candle holders, and I was going to paint it too, but it looks too pretty as is. I use it in my Fall decor too! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buys ! I like the thought of fall and baren wood too !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your sweet finds! stopping by from Rhoda's happy thrifting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohh, I love your decanters. I love glassware, no matter what it is. Recently found one w/matching glasses for the bar and posted it last week. Nice to meet you and read your blog.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Wow, you found some great things there. I love days when we can be alone to "shop for thrift goodies". lol

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm laughing because I bought the same wooden set of candles last week. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both gorgeous! I love crystal, glass and old leather covered decanters. that lavender glass is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10