Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Little Crystal...A Little Silver...

Be sure to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her lovely tablescapes and other participants as well. It's so fun to see what people put together to share.

Welcome to my tablescape! I'm so glad that you stopped by for a visit!

I'll begin with the tiniest pieces...I found these souvenir spoons at my local thrift store and loved their little designs. I couldn't help but wonder who they belonged to and what their story might have been. I wanted to include them in my table today, so they were placed in my Waterford creamer. This is placed on a glass tray, also from a thrift store {actually it was picture frame in its former life.}



My dishes are a recent purchase: Lenox, Opal Innocence Carved.


My stemware is also Lenox, they were wedding gifts.



The silver is International, Prelude, also a wedding gift and the linens were purchased from Dillards approx. 20 years ago.{There is a matching tablecloth with this set.}



The candelabras belonged to my husband's grandmother. They are Gorham.


The pitcher was a wedding present from one of my bridesmaids...


...the tray it is sitting on was a thrift store find. It was very tarnished...but with a little rubbing and buffing, it turned out fine. See the candle holder on the right? It's the matching Waterford piece to the creamer holding the little spoons. This is the sugar bowl.


I hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks again for stopping by...enjoy your Thursday!

22 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! I am taken away...
    thank you...
    I really enjoyed this elegance..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, OH! I want to come sit at this table! It really "speaks" to me, as I LOVE silver and crystal... Such a beautiful, elegant tablescape. You did a nice job putting this together and I'll keep looking at all your lovely pieces. I like how you have used the water pitcher for flowers. I found a pitcher similar at a garage sale this summer...keeping this idea in mind! ;)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and elegant. I love it all. I just adore silver and beautiful crystal with wonderful designs. Yours are stunning. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty and elegant table. Love all of your pretty things -- especially the ones that sparkle and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! So very elegant, I really like it all!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharlotte,
    I haven't posted any comments lately on your posts but believe me, I haven't missed a thing. Your tablescape is beautiful. You have done a beautiful job. Keep up the good work... you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table with the crystal and silver. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you at Hyacinth For The Soul for some rooster fun and a toast to Julia Child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I hope you are serving something fancy :)! This is all beautiful. I especially love your eched crystal. Those candelabras are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh....your flatware is gorgeous. I have no silver at all and I think I should change that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant and inviting! You put your wedding gifts to great use.

    (I posted my tablescape on my spindle cottage blog--but I do have other blogs...that blog is going to be mostly for house type pics)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely table. The crystal and the silver are as beautiful as the dishes. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess I made a mistake not ever having a wedding, cause I missed out on all the good loot! You have it, however, and I love seeing it on your pretty table!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely honey!! I just love that blogging inspires us to use our stuff and reminesce about our blessings our history...our story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty and oh so elegant -- looks like you have the perfect setting for this lovely tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your silver pattern. Pretty color walls in your DR. I think that after seeing your lovely TS I should break out the china and crystal this weekend.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous....I am ready to sit down and eat....amazingly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. How elegant looking! I love the candelabras flanking the flowers in the middle. Your dining room is gorgeous too.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is so beautiful what you have created and shared.
    Gorgeous to see,
    d
    from homehaven

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10