Follow by Email

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thrifty Monday


I'm officially back at work, so my available time for thrift store shopping has been dramatically cut. However, after my question and answer session, I've learned a lot about everyone's thrift store shopping strategies. My favorite was to just go when you have the money! Loved that! However, now I'm also more keenly aware of the thrift store's discount days.

Here's my plan: I'm going shopping on Monday afternoons. By Friday afternoon, things are very picked over and the traffic here is horrendous!!! On Monday, I think that people will have dropped off their things the weekend before and by the time afternoon rolls around, the workers will have had time to process the things and bring them to the floor. I'll try this and report back.

Here are a few things I picked up this past week. We'll begin with these white plates.


I will freely admit that I don't need any more white plates, but these were priced at $0.79 each. I liked the basket weave around the rim and there were 8 of them. I just couldn't resist. They are Williams~Sonoma Marketplace ~ I think this is their outlet brand? If anyone knows, please let me know.

I also picked up these cups and saucers.




There were six in the set. They are so sweet and delicate...I think they'll be nice pieces to put with pink depression glass.

I also picked up this large pitcher. It's the color that caught my attention.

{It isn't spotty like this picture shows, it's actually a solid color.}


Here's my favorite part, I love the handle.

This is a glass picture frame. The back part was missing, but I thought I could use it for a tray or pedestal for an arrangement. For $0.49 I took it.


And finally, I picked up this easel. I loved the scroll work and the color. I'm planning on using it in my kitchen to hold my favorite cook book.


I hope you have enjoyed looking at my treasures. Be sure to check out Southern Hospitality for her weekend update. Here you'll find other participants as well and their finds while treasure hunting...you'll be amazed at all the terrific items!

19 comments:

  1. The Pleasures of HomemakingAugust 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

    Love the scrolly easel and you can never have too many white plates! Great finds!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhoda @ Southern HospitalityAugust 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

    Very nice finds! You did really well this week. Thanks for stopping by the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finds, Sharlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cups and saucers are amazing! Are they pink? I love depression ware, and the reproduction stuff is nice- I don't have to worry if I break it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those plates were quite a find! Love the eisel, too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those plates are really pretty! And the glasses, too. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are your cups and saucers pink depression glass? Great find, if they are.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds. You really got a great deal on the plates - even in the outlet they are pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda @ Serenity NowAugust 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

    That blue pitcher is gorgeous and I am in love with your cookbook holder! :) Visiting from Rhoda's party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did good not to have spent much time.
    Love the blue pitcher and the pink cups and saucers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Tattered CottageAugust 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM

    I love the cookbook holder and the blue pitcher is sooo pretty :)
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful stuff. The Depression glass is a great set

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did very well . . . what great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some great finds there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finds. Come for a visit.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gina @ The Shabby Chic CottageAugust 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM

    What cute finds! I love that basketweave plate. I've been looking for plates lately to put on the wall -- that one is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! I found a plate holder almost exactly like your easel. Come visit me and see. I got it at a yard sale for fifty cents! Love the blue pitcher. What are you going to use it for?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your finds! Looks like Mondays are the best days to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10