Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Up Before the Chickens


Welcome to Tablescape Thursday!

Be sure to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her lovely tablescapes and other participants as well. It's so much fun to see what people put together to share.

I'm not really a morning person, so I needed something bright to help me wake up on these sleepy mornings. I've gotten used to sleeping in a bit, but now that school has begun, I really need to get up a lot earlier.


My class begins at 7:50 am. Can you believe that? So to make it on time, I really do need to get up before the chickens!


I put this table together with some of my favorite things...clocks, books, my feathered friends, and my new favorite color ~red.

Aren't these little ones cute? They look like the are snuggling together in their "nest".




These "glasses" were given to me, the wooden pedestal was a GW find, and the apples are fresh and ready to be enjoyed.


I made these napkin rings out of jute. Vintage Indie has a tutorial on how to make them, they are so quick and easy! The dishes are from Bed Bath and Beyond ~I love the basket weave pattern. See the little candle holder? It is a thrift store find! I love it! It is actually upside down, but I wanted it to hold a votive. It worked!


After a yummy breakfast and a cup of coffee, I'm ready to greet my students!

I hope you have enjoyed my tablescape.
Enjoy your Thursday!

21 comments:

  1. I love this! That white hen is beautiful!

    Wonderful table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute tablescape -- love the white chickens and the fabric nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute hen and chicks. Looks like they are nesting in your pretty red and green fabric. Love your jute napkins rings - what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it. This is so cute and all of your chickens are just wonderful. I also love the pretty tablecloth you've used. Dishes and accessories are all just perfect for the occassion. LOVE IT!!!! Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks wonderful. I taugght high school English for 29 years and I needed strong coffee to get me going each morning!

    Laura

    Enjoyed visiting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and love the red. Your chicks look bright and wide awake and nice to share a morning with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so bright and cheery, I don't think I could sleep in either!! Love your cute hens and chicks and pretty tablecloth!!

    I hope you enjoy this school year!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! that alarm clock... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, warm and cozy. Love the colors.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this is the cutest chicken table setting ever! Love your title as well.
    It was a real treat to visit today.

    Happy Tablescape Thursday and hope to see you at my place to toast Susan on her anniversary.

    http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this tablescape just might be worth waking up early for -- just love the chicks and hen! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet setting! I love your chickens; especially the mama! Very country and very charming! Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful chickens, very charming indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharlotte,
    Very, very cute. I'll bet this is an indication that you probably have all your ducks in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this tablescape! Really cute!! Perhaps I appreciate it just a bit more, because my daughter is a teacher also; but I love the colors, the chickens, the napkin holders (which I would love to try!)... Just love the whole scheme and theme of things in this table setting! Wishing you all the best, as this new school year begins! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharlotte, What a wonderful and whimsical table! I'd want to leave this vignette out all the time. I love the alarm clock with the chickens...makes me smile just seeing it. Love the basket weave china and napkin rings...you're so clever to make them yourself! Beautiful tablescape! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. The red and white look great together. I really like how you placed the fabric around your "feathered friends"...makes it like a nest. Happy school year!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's obvious that you had fun creating this charming, whimsical table! Nicely done! The napkin rings are perfect for your theme.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun table you did here...just love it...May you have a GREAT weekend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this is really, really cute! Great job!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10