Follow by Email

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Show and Tell Friday


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday. {Thanks to Kelli for hosting this event.} Grab a second cup of coffee and visit her and the other participants as they share pictures and stories about their treasures!

Today I'd like to show a special collection my mother put together for me as a memento of two very special ladies in my family.


Can you find the delicate glasses? They belonged to my great~great~grandmother. Aren't they just the cutest things?


They are carefully tied with two different ecru ribbons. Below these glasses are three very special books which belonged to my grandmother.


Her name was Lydia, isn't that a beautiful name? It's one that is not heard too often these days. When I do hear this name, it makes me think of lace, roses, and gardening. {Notice the date on the book: 1915}

My mother has been giving me special things over the years and she writes little notes with the item's history. I'm so glad she does this...thanks Mom.


Thank you for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed this show and tell. Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. What a special show and tell and what a treasure...so glad that I stopped by

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treasures! Your Mum must know how much you love them.

    Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love visitors!

    Enjoy
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  3. A definite treasure! Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that your mom has kept and then passed on these family treasures to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely, and what a treasure. I love how your mom did that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10