Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feathered Friends Party

Today is a Feathered Friends Party with Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage. At this site you can share anything that has to do with birds, which includes art, or even the real thing. After you've visited my post, won't you just twitter over to her site?

I'd like to share a unique birdhouse that was actually constructed by my mother. She made it from scrap wood, cut out the "bird doors", and made the roof from a license plate. I don't know too much about the plate but the state and date is meaningful...any guesses?




You're absolutely right. I'm a Texas girl, BITS {Born In The State}. The date...I'll just keep you guessing...


Have a terrific Wednesday!

13 comments:

  1. Hi, very cute birdhouse, neat idea! Have a great day!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little decorative birdhouse. And special because of who made it! It is darling...
    Haven't seen a b/w Texas plate for years... I'm originally from NM and we saw plenty of them while their owners visited our fair state.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birdhouse - and all the more precious since your mother made it! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother made such a darling birdhouse! I love the idea of using the license plates as the roof; too adorable!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This birdhouse is so sweet. I love that your mom made it herself and that it has special meaning. I'm guessing it's the small 61 thats is a special number!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute! I'm a BITS girl too but I'm a year older. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wonderful birdhouse, so pretty. What a great idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed with this great birdhouse! My niece can do just about anything with anything she finds...she has gifted hands. I'm going to forward this to her, and see if she can make one for me! We just might have an old license plate laying around, too. The date? Hmmm...I'm not touching that one! Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! It's nice to meet ya. I flew over from Gina's. Love your bird house! And how special that it was made by your Mama. Love it! Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute birdhouse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the birdhouse....so cute.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us.
    Good luck on the drawing.

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10