Follow by Email

Friday, July 31, 2009

Weekends...

Weekends...it's a chance to catch your breath...a chance to just sit back and enjoy...a chance to recharge with things that are simple and uncomplicated. Today's post is dedicated to just that...

I love flamingos. They just make me happy. They make me smile. I love the fact that they get their coloring from their diet - isn't that cool? They just seem so graceful, so elegant.

Ok - I'm going to admit that I even like the cheap plastic flamingos. They just say "fun" to me. My son gave this one to me as a joke {I think}. I put him in my lilies...I think he's happy there!


My mother gave me these two. They're very friendly, don't you think? I love them. They're always looking for their next meal in my pond.

Have you ever heard of being "flocked"? It's a fund-raiser. The group covers your yard with pink flamingos and you pay to have them removed. How fun is that? Heck, I'd pay to have them flock my yard!

I hope you have a terrific Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. This is the CUTEST POST EVER!!! I came from the generation that "EVERYONE" brought back flamingos when they visited Florida! Those guys were in "Everyone's yard"! at least everyone we knew... My folks brought them back from their honeymoon(1947)and little one and my Mom gave him to me. If you email me, I'll send you a picture of him... He's cute and when Mom comes to visit I have a HUGE pot of Coleus with pink that I stick him in. He looks GREAT there! I have seen those massive FLOCKS of Flamingos. I too think that's SO MUCH FUN!!!
    Hugs to you, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10