Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Welcome back to my blog!
A big THANK YOU to all of you who have stopped by just to have a look around or have left a comment or two. It's fun for me to open my dashboard and see the message, "...# of comments need moderation"! It's kind of like, "...you've got mail"!

Today my post is about a tablescape in my dining room. I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday. If you enjoy tablescaping, be sure to join her on her blog. Just click on the link to the right on my sideboard and you'll be there in a jiffy! You'll find a multitude of links to visit. Grab your favorite beverage and browse away, you won't be disappointed!

Before I share my post, I want to state that I have been a faithful follower of many creative blogs. One thing just about everyone does is share where they've found their treasures! So, to return the favor, I'll list the places I've found a few bargains as well.

My tablesetting began with my new chargers. These were found at a Marshalls Home Goods Store. I have two of these stores close to my home and it amazes me how very different they are. One is nice and orderly, it's my favorite. The other, I have to go in with the right frame of mind - it's going to be a mad treasure hunt. The store itself is always in disarray. I just have to be prepared.

These lovely chargers were found at the "nice" Marshalls. I love the scroll design. It's simple, yet elegant. I really needed 6, but they only had four... shucks... (I'll keep my eye out for the other two.)


The next plates were ones that I had been admiring for quite a while. I love the detail. They are Opal Innocence from Lenox. As I was searching the internet, I found a great website: http://www.mytableware.com/. I was able to snatch these plates at a very reasonable price, so I purchased a set of 6. Happy birthday to me!


Again, I love the design - it's so feminine! From there I placed white cloth napkins in a fan design held by a napkin ring. These I purchased for a song on eBay.



The silver sterling is Prelude from International. I received the set for a wedding present.


The glassware was also a wedding present. I don't remember the pattern, but it is also Lenox. Can you see the small candle holder? It has crystals around the rim - it's just precious! I found four at Tuesday Morning's clearance shelf for $1.00 each!

Scattered around the table, I placed various pieces of crystal and such I have from friends and family. One of my favorites is the bunny sitting atop a candy dish. He's a little Lladro from my great aunt's collection and now a gift from my mother.


See the mama and baby bird? They were a Hobby Lobby find - 80% off. I think I picked them up for $1.05. They had a blue "outdoorsy" tint - but I thought they'd be great painted white. So, with my trusty can of white spray paint, I have a cute addition to my table.

If you've seen my previous post, you know I have a collection of clocks. Here I have a sweet crystal clock given to me by my friend who lives in Canada. It holds very special memories.

In the pictures below is another piece from my great aunt. It's a piece from Austria, a ladies shoe. It reminds me of Cinderella!


My centerpiece is a pitcher that was my grandmother's. Among it's many uses, it was used to carry water for my mother's baptism. When it was given to my mother, she used it for many things too. Out of necessity, it had to be used to fill up their radiator with water from a resaca (waterway) on a long hot trip. Later, she used it as a vase, for my father loved to give her red roses. As you can see, it's holding one my favorite types of flowers, tulips.


I hope you enjoyed my tablescape of special treasures. Thanks again for visiting!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful white table. It looks so snazzy and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful elegant table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, it sounds from what I read in this post that you've just started blogging, so first let me say, WELCOME! I blogged but didn't have a blog for the longest time, but having one opens up whole new doors of friendship. I hope you have a wonderful time in your blogging life!

    Your table is lovely. The whites are as lovely as can be, and it sounds like you got quite a deal on them! Yea! I know what you mean about Marshalll's. I don't understand why they allow some stores to get in such disarray. I like the nice neat clean ones, too.

    So glad you joined us. I do this off and on, and love Susan and her blog.

    Happy Tablescape Thursday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)... be sure to enter my giveaway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I am sorry, I just spelled Sharlotte with a "C." I've been making typos all night! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful, elegant tablescape! I love the dishes and chargers, as well as all your treasures!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharlotte,
    Your table is very lovely! I think it's wonderful that you've combined thrifty treasures with precious family heirlooms and the beautiful gifts you received as a bride!

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a generous comment. Looking forward to your next tablescape!

    Bye for now,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tablescape. Thanks for sharing the purchase spots. The crystal is exquisite. - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful white table. I love all your treasures. this is very elegant.


    Don't forget to join us on this weekend for the final Christmas in July Tablescape Party on Saturday (some may spill into Sunday since the 25th is Saturday. I am having a real CIJ family dinner on Sunday, but will post my table photos Friday night and Mr. Linky will be up and ready at Playing Dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! I especially love your grandmothers pitcher. Thanks for sharing the baptism story. How special that you have it.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi....your table is lovely....so fresh and inviting. It is truly elegant and tastefully done. Wonderful job!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely!!! I love the white against the rich wood of your table...beautiful!!! All of the details are perfect!!!

    Happy TT!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The white and green looks great together. An elegant, classy look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I always think the white tablescapes are so calming. Love it!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very beautiful as is your home! Great tablescape, very elegant!
    I love your wall color too, and tulips are one of my favorite flowers! The white stands out so pretty against the wall color. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks so pretty. I enjoy visiting and thank you for all of the resources to find dishes.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharlotte, Yes, I enjoyed your tablescape very much. It's always nice to find great bargains and "finds" in the discount stores, but I think it's wonderful that you treasure these beautiful pieces that people in your family loved and used for sharing meals. So many items on your table have a history, and I'm so glad you shared them with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the white dishes on the dark wood! Everything stands out and looks so clean and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! Your dishes are lovely as are the accessories you used. Thanks for sharing the "history" of each piece. Living in Canada myself, your little crystal clock is beautiful and I'm glad you have fond memories attached to it.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely! The white with the green is so elegant and chic -- the whole table looks beautiful, with all the pieces against the dark wood... I really like this look!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a beautiful table setting! I love those dishes! I picked up a pitcher very similar to yours at good will the other day. I don't know if it's old or not, but love the beauty and grace of the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely beautiful!!!
    d
    from homehaven

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10