Follow by Email

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blue Monday


Today is my first post on Smiling Sally's Blue Monday. I wanted to join this blog, but blue is not a color that I think of when decorating my home. Well, after closer inspection and more blue "awareness", I've found that I do have blue! And I like it! Thanks Sally for being so inspirational! (I love her Blue Monday logo! - Isn't he beautiful?!)

This post is about a gift from a group of children that I taught several years ago. They surprised me with flowers in this neat planter. I loved the mosaic on the sides and the rich blues.

"Imagine" is the word for this side...do you see anything else?

I've had this planter for about three years and I hadn't seen the butterfly before...

Here's the second side... "forget me not".

See the flowers? Are they "forget me not" flowers?

This is the third side. The word for this side is "dream".



Notice the stars...

And the final side.



I have always loved this planter...now I have a new appreciation for it!

Enjoy your Monday!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pot, and extra special because it was made with love just for you! Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the nicest planter I have seen in a long time. In fact, I have never seen one like it. I can see why you would treasure it. You did an excellent job for your first Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.

    Welcome on board. The planter is pretty and having to receive it as a gift is much meaningful. Thanks for sharing and happy blue monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely planter. Someone spent some time creating this pretty thing. I can see why you enjoy it so much.
    I just spent a little time reading your past posts. You have a really nice blog. I am signing up to follow you.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharlotte, welcome to Blue Monday! What a pretty (and unique) mosaic planter. I love the different shades of blue, and especially love the butterfly! I'm sure it brings back pleasant memories of the children who gave it to you.

    I hope you will join us again next week as you discover more and more blues in your home.

    Sincerely,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely pot. It's perfect for your first Blue Monday post. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barnyard Country GiftsJuly 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM

    A lovely pot you have. Specially made for you with a lot of love.
    Have a nice blue Monday, Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy First Blue Monday, Sharlotte!
    That is such a beautiful and inspirational planter! How old were the students that made it?What a treasure!
    Hugs,
    Lynn♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the planter is darling! I love blue monday! it is fun! and it doesn't have to be home decor - which makes it even more fun! thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift...I am sure you will treasure this for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10