Follow by Email

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Surprises....

Don't you just love surprises? (Well, good surprises, not the kind that embarrass you.)

I live in a small suburb outside Houston and the summer weather is usually very warm...ok, HOT. It takes some getting used to, but overall you learn when to venture out and when to stay indoors.

This morning, we were blessed with another glorious sunny morning. I took a morning stroll and had a few nice surprises! Even with all this heat, I had caladiums still standing. I thought for sure they wouldn't make it, but they did!




Upon closer inspection, my azaleas, butterfly plants, and containers are holding up very well too.
What a wonderful surprise!




An finally, one last special surprise...can you spot it?

Look closely in the fork of this small crepe myrtle...


Can you see the squirrel peeking through the leaves? He's being so still... I guess he was stopping by for a morning snack.

Some days, it's just the simple things in life that are blessings.

10 comments:

  1. It is the simple things that are life. We are waiting for the hanging clouds to down their load, we need it so badly.
    Question...what suburb of H...me
    born & raised in NW Hou,now have family in Willis(Conroe area)and Huntsville.

    Yes, we too are enjoying a little bit cooler tempts.

    PS Blessings, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy,

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate the visit!
    At this point, we live in Pasadena but are planning to move in the near future. We have actually looked seriously in the Conroe area. It's close enough to all the amenities Houston has to offer, yet a safer "zone" from hurricanes. The last two were very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is a blessing not to have to worry about so much WATERING! We are having positively unseasonably cool weather! Thanks for stopping by--I'll be back to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right about the little surprises. Sometimes I'm moving too fast to notice them. Sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great - I'm really impressed by how green your grass looks - mine is starting to parch just a little and it hasn't even been very hot. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad someone's plants are making it through the summer! Mine aren't fairing as well. The little squirrel is so cute. It reminds me when the kids try to hide and don't realize some part is sticking out. They think if they can't see you, you can't see them! Thanks for stopping by and following.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your garden is lovely! We get so many squirrels and they love the neighbor's bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the blog world, and thanks for stopping by. Looks like you have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous garden - thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10