Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tablescape Thursday



It's time for another Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to visit, you'll be inspired by all the creative and beautiful tables.

The tablescape I'm sharing today was put together with a current find at Marshalls. I found these salad plates for $1.99 each. I loved the colors - especially the pinks and greens. I have promised myself that if I love it and can find a set of 6, it's a done deal (well, and the price has to be right too!)

I thought the little plates would look pretty with a few vintage pieces that I have from my great aunt's collection. It's not a perfect match, but I think the colors blend nicely.




The plates were layered. A charger from Hobby Lobby, white Lenox dinner plate, and the new salad plates. The silverware was a purchase from eBay. The stemware was a wedding present - Lenox. I had only four striped napkins, so I used two solid green napkins for the end settings. It worked!




Thrown into the mixture was a small green depression glass sherbet dish. This was given to me by my mother.

For the main centerpieces, I used a ceramic "boot" and an anniversary clock. I wanted a little bit of height, so I raised the clock with two books. They just happen to be two volumes of "Who's Who".

The finials are part of a set purchased at Stein Mart several years ago.



To close this post, I wanted to include a great shot of a candle holder on my buffet. It was taken by my son, who enjoys photography. Thanks Jake!

20 comments:

  1. very pretty! Love your vintage china pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and elegant -- I saw those same dishes this week and admired them so. They look lovely on your tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your son's picture, great photograph!

    Very pretty tablescape, I especially love your stemware and your centerpiece arrangement! And I like the idea of putting the napkins under the plate.
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty table Sharlotte! I love the vintage pieces with the new...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love your china and that Victorian boot!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Yes, those lovely plates from Marshalls fit in perfectly with you vintage china. In all it makes a beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescape is lovely, sharlotte! Your stemware and flatware are very pretty. The plates are so pretty! Your centerpiece is wonderful! Lots of fabulous finds! It all came together so beautifully!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your items so so lovely! Great use of the clock for the centerpiece...happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that boot! Your table is lovely and inviting, all the plates work so well together, and I love the goblets! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that silverware! Looks like some I bid on and lost. Oh, I've thought of that item for weeks now! Don't they have wonderful things at that store. I can't believe I haven't been in there once this whole week!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet table scape. Very nice.

    The goblets were killer :)

    TTFN~~Claudia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed having a browse at your lovely table. Such pretty things too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table. I love your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how lovely!!! The vintage pieces perfectly play off the other!!! I love the blend of the two together!!! Much more interesting than just the new by itself!!!

    Wonderful tablescape!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely table! Don't you just love Stien Mart?!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lovely!

    Jane (Artfully Graced)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your new plates blend beautifully with the vintage pieces. The overall effect is charming and polished. Great idea to use different napkins for the end settings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is all just beautiful! You have lots of nice vintage pieces!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10