Follow by Email

Monday, April 22, 2013

Hardware...

Hardware...
  kinda like jewelry, isn't it?
Well, picking out the "jewelry" for the cabinets and doors was a bit overwhelming.
There are so many different styles, colors, sizes...
the sky's really the limit.
I had to reel myself in and keep focused...
basic, vintage.

We decided on black bin pulls and knobs for most of the house.







I pinned his picture from Pinterest a while back...the iron brackets are so pretty.
I loved the look and thought about using something similar in the laundry room.


I found some brackets...
but, after everything was built, it just didn't work out...
kinda made me sad, ok, really sad.
But then my trim guy made a suggestion...
use them as corbels for the island.


And to add a little something to the open cabinet.


I felt much better that I was able to use them 
and
really liked his suggestions.
There was even one left over to add to the mailbox post!


For the bathrooms, I went with brushed nickel.





Yep, very simple...basic...
vintage.

1 comment:

  1. Love your choices. In fact, I was just looking at my painted drawer pulls and thinking that I wanted to replace them with some like the kind you chose.

    And I love what you did with the brackets. Good suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10