Follow by Email

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tropical Table



I'm joining Susan for her Tablescape Thursday. It's over at her blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to visit for amazing tables!



It's a bright and sunny day here in Texas. The temps are pretty high...I thought I'd try to cool things down a bit with a relaxing tropical table.
If you've been following for a while, you've seen this dinning room set before. It's been loved by many...it was my husband's grandmother's set.


These two pieces were purchased from a small gift shop in Kemah, Texas. The artist worked for Fitz and Floyd. At first glance, I thought they were made by the company...they have similar features.





The coral placemats were a gift from one of my students, the tablerunner and napkins were made from fabric I had purchased from a local fabric shop. They always have great sales and put a variety of selections on discount tables. A true treasure hunt!


The dishes were purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond, the pattern is Westerly Basket. The flatware was purchased from Marshall's and a gift from my mother and sister. The napkin rings were an eBay purchase.  And the little glasses? They were a thrift find!


This piece was purchased from Cancun, Mexico about 30 years ago. I was on a family vacation and decided to buy one nice piece. Little did I know that it would be used as an inspiration piece for future tablescaping!

Do you see the nautilus salt and pepper shakers? They were a gift from my sister. She was on her way to a hunting lease with her husband....they stopped at a thrift shop, saw these and pick them up for me!
You never know when you'll find a treasure!


These little nautilus vases were an antique find...I suppose they could be used for bowls or candle holders as well.






Thanks so much for visiting...enjoy your day!

19 comments:

  1. Such a pretty table. I love the stripes and solids. The shells and the cool whites. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look elegantly tropical! So pretty! The napkin rings really caught my eye too!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous -- so elegant! I love the coral placemats, and your beautiful coral pink walls are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty, summery table! I love using lots of white and I love it with your wall color
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that pitcher!!!! This whole setting is just gorgeous! Your home is also lovely.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your theme! It is just perfect with the color of your walls. Your dining room is so pretty!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful! You have a lot of unique accent pieces, I really like those!

    Nice color of your walls too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This table is lovely. I spotted those vases first thing. Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After seeing your lovely beach inspired table, I'm so glad I'm headed to the beach in only two more days! The pink hues of your table remind me of the gorgeous sunsets I'm look forward to seeing next week, and the Fitz and Floyd pieces are really stunning. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharlotte...

    My friend, I love your tropical table...it really is refreshing! Your table linens are simply gorgeous...love the pretty stripped runner and ohhh, those pretty coral colored placemats...lots of beautiful color! I especially enjoyed seeing all of your shell dishware! The large vase and matching shell bowl really are fabulous!!! Soooo beautiful, my friend! Thank you for sharing your lovely table with us!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharlotte, I am enthralled by looking at your table. It fits so harmonicly in your dining room with the coral accents. But I got relly thrilled with your seashell designed objects as center pieces. What a great collection and how exactly in all the detailed. That's like to die for. Great table, thank you for sharing.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous~ love those nautilus S&Ps! And your shell vases & bowls are beautiful, your runner sets them off perfectly. I've been admiring a similiar white basketweave pattern lately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is an elegant beachy table. Your shell pitcher is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so many unique pieces on this table. I really enjoyed looking at them. Such a pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think i like the majolica pitcher the best--what a find! beautiful table.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many wonderful things! Love the fabrics, colors, textures -- truly has a tropical feel! I agree that you never know when you'll find a treasure. It pays to stay alert and thrift often!

    Have a great weekend!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10