Follow by Email

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Do You Need a Miracle?


We had a wonderful message today, one that I thought I'd share through Charlotte and Ginger's Spiritual Sundays. Be sure to drop by for a visit!


I'm taking this straight from our service today.

Do you need a miracle? Then ask and trust.

Two reminders:
Prayer is a mystery, not magic. We are invited into the mystery of God working out His redemptive will in the midst of a fallen world.
        Matthew 6:10, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

Prayer is a mystery, not logic.
        Isaiah 55:8, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways."
        Job 42:3, "You asked, 'Who is this that obscures My counsel without knowledge:?' Surely I spoke
        of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."

Do you need a miracle?

On one hand, ask.
        Luke 11: 9-13, "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are eveil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

{Look at the verb tenses of those words...they are in the present tense, that means we need to keep asking! Prayer needs to be first response rather than a last resort.}

        2 Corinthians 12: 8-9, "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me, But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

On the other hand, trust.
        Psalm 139: 5-6, "You hem me in ~ behind and before: You have laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."

        2 Corinthians 4:6-18, "For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all~surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jeasus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."

        Luke 23: 39-43, "One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other criminal rebuked him, "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence?" We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But his man has done nothing wrong." Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

God grants what we are asking OR give us something even better...

Do you need a miracle?



For the actual sermon, you can log on to the website, www.gdlc.org and follow the link for sermon archives. 

                                                       

I hope you are enjoying your day. Thanks so much for visiting!



10 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful reminder that the Lord is always totally in control and He definitely cares about us. Thanks. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing.... Gret post and so true.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so good! Thanks for sharing. What a message you received in church today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miracles still happen. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this!

    God bless!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great message, Sharlotte. So glad you chose to share it on Spiritual Sundays.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMEN!Prayers need to be our first response not our last choice.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful lesson. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to listening to the sermon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10