Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fabric...

Do you have a stack of fabric sitting around?


I have a very small stack, I'm not a true seamstress...I just piddle.

I've been working on beachy crafts so I thought I'd make a few napkins for a place setting.

I chose the fabric and cut each napkin square.


This fabric frays easily so I thought I'd just let them fray. To keep it from completely unraveling though, I sewed one straight line at 5/8" from each edge.


Then frayed the edges!


So easy!


Thank so much for visiting...enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Perfect and then you can have napkins any color you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharlotte,
    Very cute napkins and thanks for the tutorial.

    I might just have to try it!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just adorable! My Mom used to have an entire roomfull of fabric - it was amazing. me - I just have a roomful full of yarn~~~

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fabulous. I love the frayed edge. Great tutorial. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the napkins a lot! Never thought about sewing that one straight line to keep it from fraying any more than you wanted it to. Thanks for sharing. Also, check out my blog. I have a sweet giveaway going on. Have a blessed day. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooo wish i could do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo cute! Very beachy! I will have to see more of your creations.
    BTW, thanks for your sweet comment!

    -Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those turned out so cute and very beachy! I need one of those boards with the measurements on it!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some how or another I tend to collect these random pieces of fabrics. I have tons of "projects" rolling around in my head... just need some motivation!
    I love your easy sew napkins! Fantastic!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10