Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Warming Up!

I'm sharing a table to warm up on this cold winter day, a table perfect for my husband's tasty chili!



Since it's a casual meal, I thought I'd use a simple setting: mix-matched vintage flatware, everyday place-setting, and jars for drinking glasses.



The blue bottle with porcelain cap is vintage and the fabric is actually a skirt that I picked up while thrift shopping.



Come on in and warm yourself up!









I highly recommend his recipe, it's the perfect dish for a cold winter day!

Tasty Turkey Chili

Prep Time: 10 min - Cook Time: 20 min

Ingredients: 1 large onion, 2 tablespoons corn oil, 1-1 1/4 pounds fresh ground turkey, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 - 15oz can pinto beans, 1 - 15oz can black beans, 1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained, 1 - 6oz can tomato paste, 1 - 14.5 oz can chicken broth, 1 cup frozen corn kernels, 4-5 green onions

Preparation

Peel and chop onion. Pour oil into large saucepan and heat over medium heat for one minute. Add onions to oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onion is almost clear. Add ground turkey breaking up large pieces and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in garlic, chili powder, black pepper, and cumin until well combined. Strain pinto and black beans, rinsing thoroughly and drain. Stir beans, diced tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, chicken broth, and corn into pot. Heat 5-6 minutes stirring often. Rinse and slice green onions, add to pot. Add rice if desired.

Yield: 8 one cup servings.

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday and Michael Lee over at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. Drop by for a vist, won't you?

8 comments:

  1. Looks like we were both thinking about chili on a chilly night. You can't beat it! How perfect is the skirt as part of your centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, the next time I need fabric for a small project, I'm heading to the thrift store. I wouldn't have thought of it, and that's really pretty with the warm bowl of chili theme. I also love the look of it with the antlers. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful table you've set for delicous sounding chili! I always love when my husband cooks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tablescape. The red and white are so pretty together... also love the deer horns and skirt... very creative.

    Are the horns real?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty table scape! I would like to invite you to link this up to my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week. Take care, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    My first time to visit you and I am loving your blog ASAP while browsing. SO much inspirations, that I cherish and bring back home both Sweden & the Philippines.

    TY for sharing this lovely TS and
    Have a blessed w/end.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty table...love the mismatched silver...I have lots and use it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pop of that wonderful blue with your creative use of the skirt in the wonderful red. The Mason jars are a great idea! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10