Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Friend...

I found out something and thought I'd share...and kudos to you who already knew about this! A friend shared with me that she cleaned some of her silver {or silverplate} with Bon Ami cleaner. I didn't know about using this all~purpose product, in fact, hadn't really thought about it before. I thought Wright's Silver Polish was the end all.

Until, I had this stubborn piece from a shopping trip...

...yes the dark one. I used my "trusty" polish but it wasn't doing the trick. So I pulled out the next best thing to Bon Ami {because I didn't have any}, Bar Keeper's Friend.



It worked like a charm!





I couldn't believe it! I don't think I would use it on my sterling silver, there were precautions on the back of the container.

But for this piece, it was perfect. I was curious of the markings on the back...


1847 Rogers is a division of International Silver

Just thought I'd let you know about this, just in case you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. I recently (actually a couple of years now..) learned about Barkeepers Friend and I'm telling you... it works like magic on most surfaces. I can't believe it. However, I've never tried it on thrifty silver... will be trying it very soon. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handy tip! I will be on the lookout for Barkeepers friend! I have never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10