I found out something and thought I'd share...and kudos to you who already knew about this! A friend shared with me that she cleaned some of her silver {or silverplate} with Bon Ami cleaner. I didn't know about using this all~purpose product, in fact, hadn't really thought about it before. I thought Wright's Silver Polish was the end all.
Until, I had this stubborn piece from a shopping trip...
...yes the dark one. I used my "trusty" polish but it wasn't doing the trick. So I pulled out the next best thing to Bon Ami {because I didn't have any}, Bar Keeper's Friend.

It worked like a charm!


I couldn't believe it! I don't think I would use it on my sterling silver, there were precautions on the back of the container.
But for this piece, it was perfect. I was curious of the markings on the back...

Until, I had this stubborn piece from a shopping trip...
...yes the dark one. I used my "trusty" polish but it wasn't doing the trick. So I pulled out the next best thing to Bon Ami {because I didn't have any}, Bar Keeper's Friend.
It worked like a charm!


I couldn't believe it! I don't think I would use it on my sterling silver, there were precautions on the back of the container.
But for this piece, it was perfect. I was curious of the markings on the back...
1847 Rogers is a division of International Silver
Just thought I'd let you know about this, just in case you're interested.
I recently (actually a couple of years now..) learned about Barkeepers Friend and I'm telling you... it works like magic on most surfaces. I can't believe it. However, I've never tried it on thrifty silver... will be trying it very soon. Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteVery handy tip! I will be on the lookout for Barkeepers friend! I have never heard of it!
ReplyDelete