Follow by Email

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Change of Scenery



I believe a change of scenery always does me good, however, sometimes I kick and scream thinking I have way too much to do to take time off from work and my regular routines.

But then, as we hit the road, I begin to unwind and breathe in the fresh air.



I'm a Texas girl, born and raised. However, I don't own a pair of cowboy boots or hat and I don't camp. period.

On the other hand, my husband is an outdoorsman. Loves it all. Done it all.

So, when we travel to places like this, with manly outdoor activities, we compromise. He does his thing and I go shopping! Yippee, my favorite! We meet back at camp and enjoy time around the campfire with friends and family and then head back to the hotel where I can take a warm shower and sleep in a super comfy bed. Aww, the life.

When my husband and I make this particular trip, we go with my sister and her husband. My sister is way tougher than me, she likes roughing it. {I'm a pansy. There...I'll admit it.} She and I hook up in the morning and get to spend the day together, scouting out the little towns with their precious shops. We hit every store/shop/hole in the wall  we want ~ we're great shopping partners. I call it therapy.

We found this neat store called "Material Things". It was a combination of local art and antiques. fun. It was housed in a historic building right off the square in the middle of town. We spoke with the owner and he said that the building was originally his grandfather's building and now he has a part of it. neat. As we were checking out with our treasures, he bagged things in a material bag, get it? "Material Things" ~ material bag. cute.



So, to all your shop owners out there, presentation does matter!



I found this piece to add to my aluminum collection.



And this plate for my never ending desire for pretty dishes. sigh.

Then we trekked off to a few more stores and I ran across these fabrics:



Actually they are skirts, but I just fell in love with the prints!

Hm...I think I need a pair of cowboy boots, gosh, throw in a hat too! 

Yee Haw!

These pictures are from the hill country, Llano, Texas.

3 comments:

  1. I consider room service camping out.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharlotte... I do not consider that I "rough it" at all. Sleeping in the camper is good. However.. I have my standards that I won't compromise. Hot water, a bathroom, and a very comfortable bed. And... my feet don't even have to touch the ground since the area is covered by pavers. You and your hubby need to get a camper and pull it right next to ours. You'd enjoy it. Promise. I can not WAIT to get back to those shops!!!! What fun!! Oops... I mean: T H E R A P Y

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharlotte, this Texas girl transplanted to Tennessee is EXACTLY like you when it comes to outdoorsy activities -- and my husband sounds like yours. :-) Good thing they both understand us! ...How I'd love a trip to the Texas Hill Country this spring... Stop by if you get a chance and enter the celebration giveaway at My Place to Yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10