Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Proud Peacock



My sister and daughter-in-law were visiting one afternoon,
 and together they arranged this table just for you!
It all started with "the" peacock.
I've had him for about 8 years and he's always around somewhere,
 sitting proudly, displaying his beautiful feathers.
He's made of metal with glitter sprinkled here and there.
I purchased him from a home decor store and he was actually part of a display.
I wish I had a picture...it was stunning.
The in-store-decorator was making a Christmas display with a mannequin.
The tree was actually the mannequin's "dress"...
it was gorgeous.
There were peacock feathers here, there, everywhere.
There were turquoise and gold ornaments...
and then there were metal peacocks tucked in the boughs of the tree.
I should have bought two instead of one.
I haven't seen them around since.

Ugh...the days before blogging.
I'm so much wiser now...haha.

Well, here he is...proudly welcoming you to the table.
Enjoy!












I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday and Cuisine Kathleen for her Let's Dish.
Drop by for loads of inspiration, won't you?

In Case You're Interested:
Tablecloth - vintage
Peacock Placemates - Z Gallerie
Chargers - Hobby Lobby
Dishes - Lenox "Autumn"
Flatware - Ebay
Napkins - World Market
Napkin Rings - Marshalls
Peacock Shakers - consignment shoppe
Crystal Stemware - thrifted (can you even believe?)
Candle Holders - Gardenridge/ antiques
Peacock - home decor shop

10 comments:

  1. Your table is lovely and I do love your peacock! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharlotte, your peacock is magnificent and I love your Autumn china. A friend of mine was just telling me how she had seen Autumn in someone's china cabinet and thought it was so beautiful. I used to live in the same town, where the author, Flannery O'Connor, lived. She kept peacocks on her farm (she was famous for it) and the room in the nearby college, which houses her personal papers, etc., has peacocks woven into the carpet. I always appreciate seeing them and always think of her. Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved Lenox Autumn, it's so classic and beautiful. Your peacocks are gorgeous and really made an impact on the table. It's stunning xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty table! and I love your peacock and those chargers...stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tablescape is so creative with that Peacock, those placemats are a real wow and everything goes beautifully with the plates...love it all...stop over as I did a parrot tablescape, I guess we are into birds this week....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your china too! I wanted Autumn 41 years ago, but mother said it wasn't versatile enough. So sorry I didn't stand my ground...It has always been my favorite!

    Carol C

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your peacock inspired table, Sharlotte. Those feather placemats are beautiful. I would use that peacock as a centerpiece every chance I got!
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors all proudly put together! I love the peacock... the golden flatware... the gorgeous dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that china! So rich. Great use of the depp colors in the peacock too!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is beautiful, but the peacock steals the show! And those feather placemats are delightful. I have never seen a peacock like this one, but i will be looking for one now. Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10