Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summer time...


Our weather has cooled a bit and early in the morning, you can sometimes feel cool breezes mixed in with the warm breezes,
is fall on it way?
Not sure but I must admit, I'm a bit ready for cooler weather.
However, 
the calendar says that it's still summer, 
so I thought I'd put together one last table with a warm, summer theme.

It all started at Big Lots. My sister and I were shopping there and she found these plates.




She loves anything sea related, so these babies caught her eye.
The colors were so unusual,
so when she asked if I wanted them, I had to think twice.
But then,
the wheels started turning and before we knew it,
we had a table in mind.


We added a few things here and there, it was so much fun!
Enjoy!
















I hope you had a very happy summer!

In case you are interested:
Seahorse Dishes: Big Lots (they're plastic!)
Square Plates: Target
Napkins: World Market (neutral), vintage (coral)
Flatware: Tuesday Morning
Glassware: Mexico (via Goodwill)
Centerpiece: 
    blue bottle - Pier 1
    basket - thriftd
    candlesticks - Gardenridge
    candles - made from beeswax - Oregon
    seashells - Sanibel
    ponytail plant
    red coral (plastic aquarium ornament - see post here)

I'm joining Kathleen over at Cuisine Kathleen for her Let's Dish 
and 
Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!




16 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love those plates. However, that treasure chest centerpiece is one of my favorites of all time! It is so creative and perfect for your theme - wow!! Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharlotte, I love your little sea captain guy standing guard over your table! And those candlesticks are great too. This table is such a great beachy color with the blues and the corals. Enjoy your summer! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw~love this tablescape. Think I have to run to Big Lots for those plates, lol. Love how you worked in the basket with the coral and shells. Visiting from Let's Dish. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. No question you had fun putting this table together. It's full of charming details. Makes me smile big time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did so well with those plates! Love them! Every element of this table is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the seahorse dishes...your whole table is very cool, Sharlotte!
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the centerpiece! All the different things just make it spectacular! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is so darned cute, love the seaside centerpiece, love the captain and all the shells, everything looks so inviting and creative....Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun table, I do love those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beachy table indeed! Love all your shells and the captain! You did a great job! Love the coral reef...I needed that for my tablescape. Would you believe I had a hard time finding starfish!!!!!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving this summer/coral, etc. tablescape....it makes me want to run out to the other room and find the coral fabric I have.....seriously, you've inspired me.....I love your centerpiece....all the details and levels and textures.....wonderful!!!

    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! I am going to my Big Lots tomorrow!!! I have those same candlestick holders too and LOTS of shells. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. love every single little detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOHH! Very Cute Table!!! I love the chest of sea treasures. The whole setting came out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharlotte!! Now this table is a hit! And to think of how cleverly put together... and so reasonable on the pocketbook! Seriously... who would guess that something so gorgeous would come from Big Lots, thrift stores, and a walk on the beach! Love your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your table!!! We have a Big Lots and I've never thought to look there for dishes and table accessories. I think I might have to stop in there soon. I really like the basket and centerpiece, too. What a fun, fun table!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10