Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm thinking about a new purchase...


Don't you just love a great photograph?
I mean, just look at this one!
Galapagos crabs.
I love everything about it!
The subjects, the bright colors, the water, the rocks...
wow.

I have a point and shoot camera because I just wanted to...well, point and shoot.
The "fancy" cameras just looked too intimidating.
However, I'm ready to take the next step with my photos and I think that means a new camera.
 I've been studying our sons' photographs (they both have DSLR cameras) and photos of all the wonderful ones online and I'm overdue for a few photography lessons. (ok, I need a lot of lessons.)

So my youngest son showed me this site.
The above picture is from the site.
 There are loads of amazing pictures he's taken.
Each one is crystal clear...I'm just in awe.

Well, today was the day I decided to do something about "my" photos.
I'm taking his (free) online class, with my son's Cannon.
 I have to admit it's fun and a bit frustrating. 
I don't really know all the correct terminology/functions for all the buttons and switches 
but I'm learning.

Here are a few shots I've taken today...










These pictures are a starting point. 
There is apparently a lot for me to learn!

Do you have any suggestions as to your favorite camera and lens? 
I have just a few weeks before my son (and his camera) head back to school!



7 comments:

  1. I have no suggestions just an interest in seeing what you learn. Getting a nice camera and learning how to use it are two items near the top of my want list in the "sooner rather than later" category.

    When you DO decide, please pass it along with any tips you gain along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your pictures are amazing! I'm very happy that you are so open to learning new "gadgets"! I find myself frustrated in figuring out the gadgets... phones, tablets, computers, cameras... but I must say that you've given me hope! Thanks! BEAUTIFUL pictures! With only a few lessons! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a Canon EOS 600D. It's pretty snazzy and totally over my head. A girl can learn though and I'm going to look at that online course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am so impressed. The photo's are wonderful! You are a quick learner.. I have an older Canon Rebel XTI...it does the job. I need a class...I would love to learn more. I am excited to see what you do. Photo Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Nikon D7000, and my daughter has the Nikon D5100. We both love them. I will tell you that supposedly the Canon's viewfinder tools are often said to be more user friendly during the process of shooting. I don't have any problems with my Nikon, but you might want to investigate. Your store clerk should be able to walk you through both systems. The Nikon D7000 is amazing in low light situations without using the flash...one of my favorite features

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sharlotte, those pictures are incredible...I have the Nikon 5100 and I love it...I remember when I got it I was so intimidated, then I just thought, I can do this, I want to know everything about this camera and I will use it so much it will be second nature to me and now it is...hope this helps, I bought it at Best Buy, don't know if you have that store...come on over and have some watermelon and you can check out the camera work...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Awesome pictures! I love, love, love my Canon 5 D. Older camera but love it! You are doing wonderful! And who said our children can't teach us parents something??? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10