Follow by Email

Friday, August 30, 2013

Thought for the Day....It's a New Year!

I'm beginning a new post series...Thought for the Day.
It comes from my study of the Bible and things I'd like to share.
I hope you will follow along each Friday.

I know...it's not January...
but I was a teacher for a long time and as each August rolled around,
it always felt like a new year;
new students
 new routines
new schedules
new friends.

I was reading my devotion this week and the verse of the day was:

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

The message in the devotion was, "... that each day God gives us a new beginning. Because of Jesus'death and resurrection, our sins are forgiven and we have a shiny new day before us.  This day is special - it will never come again. This day gives us another chance to praise and glorify God in all we do and say."

And...if you don't feel like rejoicing today, talk to God about it and I'll bet He'll give you a reason 
because 
He loves you.

Have a blessed weekend!

The above devotion is from "Living: The Gospel Life: daily devotions for Christians on a mission". You can learn more from: livingthe gospellife.com or 1-800-325-9414

My Bible is the Life Application Study Bible, New International Version (NIV) printed by Zonderan
Click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10