Follow by Email

Friday, August 2, 2013

Home Tour - Dining Room

Welcome back to our home!
Today we're moving across the foyer from the Living Room to the Dining Room.


It's a couple feet longer than the Living Room...a comfortable space. 
We've had a crowd of people here and thankfully, it worked just fine.


The dining set belonged to my husband's grandmother.
The seats have been recovered several times, this time in a neutral tone.
They are actually upholstered in drop-cloth fabric...it's very durable and easy to work with.

Below is a picture of our previous home.
The walls were a bit darker which made everything feel warm and cozy.

 

I really liked it, but was ready for a change.

For this home, we decided on more neutral walls, Sherwin Williams Eider White. 
This new shade allows for a variety of colors. 

Like this:

and this:


So far, we're very pleased.

Our architect added additional storage, this Butler's Pantry.


It can been seen from several angles, most notably, the Dining Room


Those drawers are perfect for napkin rings, napkins, place-mats, and flatware.
For instructions on making the glass doors, click here.

Are you still with me? If so,
stay tuned for the Den.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am definitely still with you. I love these posts about your new house. That butler's pantry is stunning! The silver looks gorgeous in there. Wow! The dining room looks just so serene. The monochromatic color scheme feels welcoming and then when you add color as you showed,the colors pop and are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the color scheme in white all over your lovely dining room and your butler's pantry is, SWOON!!! I love heirloom pieces and we should all have something to remind us of our family and your dining room is a wonderful example. Every tablescape is awesome too my friend. I love this post! Thank you for visiting and for following...I'm glad I did you! Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10