Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fiesta!


A few weeks ago, we took a couple days off and stayed at a friends cabin down by the water. 
It's a wonderful place...quiet and comfy with all the necessities of home.
I was planning on working on a few projects and didn't plan on much more,
until I took a second look at these dishes:


Fiestaware!
I've known about these dishes for a while, seen them around,
but truthfully, I just haven't given them much thought.
However, during the quiet, relaxing time by the water, I took a second look,
a good long look.
And I was smitten!
They have a good weight, classic simple lines,
and they're made in the USA!

Just look at these colors:








So, if one was to purchase a set of dishes, ahem, how in the world would one be able to choose?
Would one base their decision on these cute, cute pitchers?




Hm...I just don't know...that would still be a hard decision!
I'm kinda liking that yellow one, or the coral one, or the blue one.
Oh, good grief!

 Well, I did finally pick out my favorites,
want to know which ones?
I loved the soft yellow and the bright peacock blue,
well, and the coral ones too.
And the blue...
now that I'm thinking about it,
they would match perfectly with another set that I have.
hm...
Well, thankfully, I was able to use all of them, mix them or match them for a few days.
Adding colorful napkins and cute polka dot glasses we dined in style!
A HUGE thank you to our special friends for a restful and colorful few days down by the bay.
We love you guys!


I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday
and
Kathleen over at Cuisine Kathleen for her Let's Dish.


11 comments:

  1. My favorite way to see it used is with a vintage tablecloth. I love the mix and match look to it. I don't have so much as a saucer of it, and I would love some to play with. (Not that I need one more dish around here. Good-ness!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these dishes! The colors make me smile! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't choose colors. You just buy a set - or at least plates - in every color and add them them yearly as new colors come out. Addictive. Totally. But you meet a lot of nice Fiesta Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I especially love the aqua...the table is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to use this theme of a fiestaware tablescape. The chose is a hard one but I love the blue! The pretty striped napkin is the perfect addition for combining the colors!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the colorful Fiestaware. Unfortunately, I don't own a single piece. My favorite is the blue in your first picture. Glad you had a relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fiesta theme - The color combinations are so much fun. I don't have any fiesta (HL) plates, but i think I see some in my future. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This table is so pretty. I love all of your Fiesta...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharlotte, these Fiesta dishes are perfect for a bay house. I love all the bright colors and the fact that they can be mixed. You did a lovely job setting a table using these colorful dishes and linens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you felt about what color you would want. I just decided to buy some of all I could. When I started several years ago, Dillard's had sales where you bought 1 and got one free. so you know what I did I would buy 2 different colors. So that is how my world of Fiesta began. Of course the wonderful outlet in Canton helped out with serving pieces. Oh my daughter also has the new square Fiesta.
    I had a Mexican dinner last night and was able to use all of the colors I had. Hope to have my post up soon.
    Love the way you used all the colors.

    Cathy's Cupboard Calamity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your friend has good taste, and weren't you lucky to play with all her pretties!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10