Follow by Email

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Maundy Thursday


The name "maundy" comes from the words of Jesus, "Mandatum novum" ("a new commandment," John 13:34). 
Maundy Thursday remembers the events in the upper room the night before Jesus died. These upper room events are described in Matthew 26:20-30, Mark 14:17-26, Luke 22:14-35, and John 13 - 17. Matthew, Mark, and Luke focus on the institution of the Lord's Supper and the eating of the Passover meal. John focuses on the words of Jesus and His washing of the disciples feet





1 comment:

  1. I just taught this for my class last week. I absolutely love the message in the foot washing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10