Follow by Email

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?


I have a thing for buttons,
not sure why, I just like them.
Vintage buttons are really my favorite, guess it's their story.
Where have they been? Who wore them?
I just think they're neat.

Anyway, one day while looking around on Pinterest, I saw these napkins. They were from Martha Stewart's site.
I love Martha.

I pinned them too and added them to my "sewing" board.
...summer project...

Looking through my stash, there were a few buttons left over but they just didn't seem right. Taking a trip to my favorite fabric hangout didn't help either, so this project was put on hold.
Then...
while thrifting with my mother, we found this!


Yep, you guessed it. A beautiful blue jar filled with buttons!
And do you know what?
There was every color and size of button I needed for my button/napkin project!
Isn't it funny how some things just work out like that?

I figured it must be fate, must be time to work on this project.
And, do you know what else? I had the perfect napkins too!
...go figure...
They were made a while back and were just "waiting" to be used.
What do you think?




Cute and easy!
By the way, did you know that there is a game played with buttons?
You might try it if you have little ones. You can read all about it here!

3 comments:

  1. Awe...I remember my great-grandmother had a thing for buttons too. She loved them and carried a jar of buttons with her every where she went. She came to visit by train once and my papa got there to pick her up and lo and behold she didn't have the lid on tight and dropped her jar of button and needless to say buttons went everywhere. My papa said the train was held up for approx. 20 minutes or better while everyone was helping my "other nanny" get her buttons! What a lovely post today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat project, Sharlotte! Love that embroidery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love those napkins. I think I could make some like that. If I couldn't, I'm pretty sure I could get my sister to make some. Those are really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10