Follow by Email

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Warm and Inviting Home...

That's my goal.
I've poured over pictures, done a lot of research, and asked a ton of questions.
I'm not finished, there's more to learn, more to do.
But, progress is being made.

When I saw this post, New House, Timeless Character, I was sold. This was what I wanted:  
modern conveniences, green building, and timeless character.
perfect.

1. Front Porch
Ideas for Southern Homes: Front Porches
wide and comfy
light blue ceiling
white columns
hardie plank
tall windows and shutters
transoms

2. Planked Walls
Ideas for Southern Homes: Pine-Plank Walls
warm, inviting  feeling
farmhouse look

3. Details
Ideas for Southern Homes: Kitchen Cabinet Details
over sized island
white shaker style cabinets
bin pulls
farm house sink

 
4. True Family Room
Ideas for Southern Homes: Family Room
hardwood floors
rugs
comfy furniture
ceiling fan
open rooms

5. Local Artwork
Ideas for Southern Homes: C. Ford Riley Local Art
favorite artwork
monochromatic decorating

6. Transoms
Ideas for Southern Homes: Transom Windows
inviting foyer
transoms
crown moulding
wrapped doorways
planked walls
through views
live plants

7. Formal Areas
Ideas for Southern Homes: Oil Paintings
touch of gold
floor to ceiling curtain panels
chandelier
china and crystal
special artwork

8. Family Keepsakes
Ideas for Southern Homes: Family China
heirloom treasures
meals with family
beautiful furniture

9. Blending Furniture
Ideas for Southern Homes: Old and New Furniture Blend
vintage pieces
upholstered pieces
repurposed pieces
new pieces
mixing with commonality

10. Repurposed Items
Ideas for Southern Homes: Repurposed Heirlooms
using what you have
repurposing what you find

Yes,
 just lovely.

* all pictures from above linked site



2 comments:

  1. Great post. I think it says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house is so much my taste that it's amazing. Now, you wouldn't know that if you came here because I haven't achieved it, but I love the neutral and white look of it.

    The only thing I don't like is the great room area. I like a separate space for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10