Follow by Email

Friday, September 11, 2015

Repurposing...

 
One of my favorite things to do is to find different uses for items.
And a great source is of course, Pinterest.
Sometimes just plugging in a single piece will turn up quite a few inspirational pieces.
 
For instance, I'm loving the galvanized tiered stands.
I love how they are used in decorating...so versatile!
I decided to add one to my décor but wanted to try making one.
Hm...what do I have and/or what could be picked up inexpensively?
Well, as luck would have it, I found two spring pans from a local shop.
They were the perfect size... and graduated.
 
After a bit of digging in my shop,
 I found a few architectural salvage pieces that could be used as well.
Next was a conference with my chief engineer...my hubby.
He's so smart and loves to solve my decorating puzzles.
So with his tools and a quick trip to the hardware store, I had my version of the tiered stand.
 
 
Now for the fun part...adding a bit of fall.
 



 
It's working out really well with two tiers...just the right height for my room.
I think it'll be fun changing things out for the seasons!
 
Do you like to repurpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10