Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Late bloomer...

I'm a retired educator.
My school experience began when I was 4 years old
and continued until my 51st birthday.
 
There were a variety of ages and academic levels over the years, but one of my favorite type of learners were the ones that required a different approach and a bit more time.
They were willing, in fact eager to learn,  just needed a different twist of presentation.
I viewed it as a puzzle...just needed to find another direction.
 
And the true joy?
Yep, I'll bet you already know.
When the light bulb went off and you heard those sweet little words,
"I get it!"
Then there were smiles, and sometimes even hugs.
Aw...the true rewards of being a teacher.
 
I can relate to these learners because I too am a later bloomer...
sometimes I need a bit more time to figure things out.
Just look at these "later bloomers" from my  yard!
After all the others had reached their full potential,
this little guy is just now showing all its glory!
 
 
So to all the "later bloomers" out there,
this one's for you!
 
Do you know anyone who needs just a bit more time to accomplish a goal?
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Wise words here! I felt the same way...late bloomer. Still do! Sometimes it just seems to take me a while to "Get it". Of course now I blame it on age. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not the only one! Yes, yes...I'm still learning things, although I might be a step or two behind! I'm just thankful I'm still stepping! Haha!!
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10