Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mirror, Mirror...

 I began a new Bible study group today...
it's based on the book:
Mirror, Mirror: Reflections on God's Word by Susan Senechal.
Have you read it?
 
 
 
We're beginning Session 1: Knowing the Person You See in the Mirror.
 
Here's her opening:
"One of the first people I see every day when I get up is...myself.
Shortly after rising, I'm sure to get a peek at myself in the mirror, whether I want to or not."
Susan begins her introduction with these thoughts.
Do you like what you see?
Many women don't.
They tend to see the wrinkles, graying...the shouldas.
 
"The truth is that we don't see ourselves the way God sees us. He is our Creator and Redeemer. God sees us through the filter of the cross, in the reflection of His Son, with the eyes of love."
 
Looking forward to this study.
 
What are you currently reading?
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Bible Study. We just began the "Friends of Jesus" by Karen Kingsbury and I am loving it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! That sounds like a great study too! I'll have to keep it on my reading list! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10