Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tortuga...

I love turtles.
Land turtles, sea turtles...it doesn't matter.
I'm not sure why, I guess it's their eyes. 
They're so big and seem to be "all knowing"...
and then it's their gently way.

I think it all started when I first met this lady,

Ila Loetscher with a flippered friend

Ida...the Turtle Lady of S. Padre Island, Texas.

She rehabilitated turtles and gave little demonstrations at her lab.
She was kind and passionate about these creatures,
 and they seamed to be as fond of her 
as she was of them.

Many years later, my family and I saw a release just like this.


They are so tiny, just little miracles.
If you ever see a nesting site, please don't disturb it. 
It's most likely being watched by a scientific crew, 
and if not, 
report it so they can watch it!
FYI...you might have noticed that hotels along nesting beaches will turn off their lights at predawn because when the hatchlings hatch, they instinctively go towards light - the sun rising over the sea (hopefully not inland due to artificial light.)

Okay, okay...now to a tablescape.
Guess what my theme is this week?
Yep,
turtles!

I'm joining Susan from Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday.
and
Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish
Please drop by for loads of inspiration!

Since you've already had an earful (haha),
please sit back, relax, and enjoy this table!










Thanks for stopping by!


In case you're interested:
Chargers - Target
Napkins - World Market
Dishes - Big Lots (plastic)
Glasses - Mexico via Goodwill (ha!)
Centerpiece - Burke's Outlet
Silver - antique shop
Seashells - Sanibel
Coasters - Tuesday Morning
Tassel - home made


10 comments:

  1. Sharlotte - this is a wonderful post and I appreciate your interest in sea turtles. At our place at the beach, we have to use special lighting on our balcony in order to not disturb the turtles. We, also, live on a small lake and see interesting things happening with the turtles - and, like Forrest Gump, that is all I am saying about that - lol!! Love your table - the cute plates and all of the beach-themed accessories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore your turtle tablescape! Feels like I am right there on the beach! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this turtle tablescape! The colors and textures really look good together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharlotte, I love your turtle tablescape! Thanks for the info on the turtles, too. The centerpiece is such a stunning focal point. You got those turtle plates from Big Lots??!! Love them!! You even thought of a cute beach themed backing for your chairs. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say that it's so nice to meet you...I'm your newest follower *_*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your turtles. Each of my children has an animal that they associate with and my son is turtles. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous table!!! Love all of the detail. Just stunning.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I will EVER get enough of beachy tablescapes. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I love the turtle plates and your centerpiece is stunning! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous table...♥♥♥the turtle plates. Fabulous centerpiece, too.
    Have a wonderful week, Sharlotte...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10