Follow by Email

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thought for the Day....prayer

Welcome to Thought for the Day.
Today's verse comes from our pastor's message this past week.
It was something that struck a chord in my heart, so I thought I'd share it with you today.

My mother-in-law is a prayer warrior. She keeps a prayer journal and prays through it each day. If she can't remember specifics, she calls to make sure she gets all the information right.
She's my inspiration for many things and this prayer journal kept popping up as something I really wanted to do.
Not only is it a tangible place to keep track of prayers but of prayers answered 
and those that are waiting on God's time.

This past Sunday, our pastor titled his message: P.U.S.H.
I had no idea where he was going with this but as usual, 
he had a wonderful point to make.
P - pray
U - until
        S - something
       H - happens.
Have you heard of this before? I hadn't but it really made me think.
I have a constant prayer that hasn't developed yet. I admit that sometimes I just think that it's not meant to be. However, I have to remember that sometimes our prayers can be delayed.

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray 
and not give up."
Luke 18:1

So guess what's top of my list today? 
Yep...I'm beginning my prayer journal 
and this "old" request is going to be written down
 and I'll continue to pray about it.

God hears our prayers because He is a loving God.
He's not ignoring us...but in our fast paced world, we all are used to immediate responses.
This message for today reminded me that God is in control; 
He knows best
and
His timing is perfect!

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10