Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Burlap and Lace

I am head-over-heals crazy for burlap. 
Not that that's anything new,
but...
I'm having a great time using it this fall.
Add a little lace and I'm a happy girl!

Today's table mixes burlap, lace, and white dishes.
It's a very simple table...calming and relaxing,
perfect for a cool fall day!
Enjoy!!


Burlap utensil holders were made from wired ribbon. 
The width was exactly the right size and the trim gives a great look.


No table cloth, just a simple runner.








Need some color? 
No problem...
this monochromatic table would be the perfect base 
in adding your favorite fall colors. 
Hm...I'm thinking pumpkin pie!

Special thanks to my good friend Sarah and her husband 
for the gorgeous plant used in today's centerpiece.

I'm joining two parties today:
Kathleen over at Cuisine Kathleen for her Let's Dish 
and 
Be sure to drop by both parties for loads of inspiration!

In Case You're Interested:
Grass Chargers - Pier 1
White Chargers - Marshall's
Dinner/Salad Plates - Lenox Opal Innocence Carved
Flatware - Michelangelo
Burlap fabric/lace made into runner
Burlap wired ribbon made into utensil holders - Hobby Lobby
Stemware - Dollar Store
Napkins - World Market/ vintage set

13 comments:

  1. Love your utensil holders. Very creative.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done such a good job with a simple color combination that reflects class and style. I'd love to sit and enjoy your table! Well done! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burlap is very versatile, and I love the addition of lace. Great monochromatic table! You can add your fall elements for Let's Dish next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...I really love those chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharlotte - I must confess (you know I love "confessing - lol!) that I do not own any burlap! However, after seeing this table, I might have to purchase some.It looks beautiful with the white china. I did recognize one of my favorite china patterns, "Opal Innocence Carved". It is one of my "go-to" patterns - I pull it out for everything, it seems! Love the lace you added and the flatware holder idea is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, this table setting is so pretty and calming! I'm loving the burlap, too, these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your burlap and lace! very pretty!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple, yet beautiful, Sharlotte!
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your burlap and lace and can't wait to whip up some utensil holders to go with my burlap runner. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it.. who would have ever thought you could achieve such elegance using burlap! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The simplicity of this table is exactly what makes it so beautiful. Actually, when Kathleen first announced her fall white dish challenge, I though to myself that it would be exactly up Sharlotte's alley. True story. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your burlap and lace table is so pretty! Simple and inviting. Love the utensil holders.
    Thanks for taking the challenge at Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10