Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Old Britain Castles

Thanks for dropping by...
the table this week features a favorite set, 
Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles in blue.


I saw this set several years ago and loved everything about them.
I'll bet you've seen them in pink too...think about using them for Christmas, Valentine's Day...
so pretty!


Anyway, I paired the blue set with off-white and burlap, 
burlap helping to bring a little casualness to the table.
For a little twist, vintage lace was added to the ends of the runners and utensil holders were also added. If you notice there are two types...one with just burlap, the others with matching lace.
I like them both and couldn't decide which to choose so I tried them both.
Enjoy!


















I'm joining these parties:



In case you're interested:
Chargers - Pier 1
Off-white dishes - Oneida Westerly Basket - Bed Bath & Beyond 
Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles - blue - My Tableware.com
Stemware - Dollar Store
Tan napkins - World Market
Blue/white napkins - handmade
Flatware - Onieda Michelangelo
Centerpiece - Antique
Burlap fabric/ribbon/vintage lace - handmade



13 comments:

  1. Any table is gorgeous with those beautiful transferware dishes! I love your Old Castles...I have dinner wear in blue and White and red in a tea set for 12. I adore yours too.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! Love it paired with the white and neutrals. I have it in pink and blue. Yes, time to pull it out for Christmas!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love LOVE your blue version....I just purchased some of the pink/red ones on Ebay for Christmas....and I love them in red AND blue.....gorgeous!!!

    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana
    www.lanaseuropeanvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love transferware, doesn't matter the pattern or color, it is all beautiful. Those little burlap/lace utensil holders are adorable.
    Have a wonderful week, Sharlotte...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those dishes- I have mostly pink/red and white ones but I do have a few blue as well!

    They look pretty in your tablescape.

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blue and whites, My mom left me this wonderful set of the blue and white castles, love it so much and your post reminded me why I love it, never gets old and never is dated, your post was so cool with those flatware holders, love them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - I love the mix of the lace and burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the british castle plates are beautiful in both colors. Lovely table, really love the burlap use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! I love the blue and white with the burlap runner. A lovely table ! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love that transferware...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Old Britain Castle pattern in blue. The burlap runner and the burlap flatware holder are a charming contrast for a fall table, I especially like the lace trimmed flatware holder, it binds the elegance of British Castles with the natural look of the burlap..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Decisions, decisions . . . I like both versions. This is the kind of thing that would drive me crazy! Oh, okay, I think I like the lace a smidgen better. The burlap really works great with this table. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the castles pattern and I love the rustic and elegant touch of the burlap and lace. How fun. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that goes live Monday afternoon at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10