Follow by Email

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Vintage Mirror


I was in the market for a vintage mirror 
but couldn't find one the right size
or the right price.
So, I did the next best thing...
I made one that looked vintage to put in an existing frame.


After searching online, I found this site.
Amy, over at Atta Girl Says has a great tutorial.
I followed it to the "T" and I'm very pleased

Here are the basic supplies:
glass (I had a piece cut)
Krylon Looking Glass Mirror Spray
vinegar/water solution

Here is the beginning point...clear glass, be sure to clean it very well.


After 5 coats and the beginning of distressing.


You can control the mirror-like look with the amount of layers you spray...
I wanted one that looked worn and foggy.
(This was 5 coats of spray, vinegar distressing, then two additional coats of spray)


It's difficult to get a close up of this mirror, but here you can see a bit of the distressing.
Again, this is a controllable, just adjust the amount of vinegar solution used.



I love my faux vintage mirror...
it's perfect for this bedroom that's still in progress.


Think of the possibilities with this paint...it's endless!


I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Metamorphosis Monday
and Marty over at A Stroll Thru Life for her Inspire Me Tuesday.
Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! You could never tell you started with a new mirror... Love it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out, what a great idea. Looks amazing and the room is stunning. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me Party that will be live this afternoon at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and oh so vintage. I so want to give this a try. Thanks for sharing, visiting from BNOP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. First, I'm so honored that I inspired you. And I absolutely love your mirror. You did a stunning job. And your bedroom is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty vintage looking makover! Gotta love Krylon Looking Glass Spray Paint - it's pretty cool stuff. I made a mirror with it over the summer. I found your mirror over at A Stroll Thru Life party.
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharlotte, Your mirror is lovely, I love the vintage look. I really want to try this paint out. Thank you for sharing..... Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10