Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Trying Special Treats

We received very special treats for the holidays, 
delicious cookies from our relatives who live in Bonn, Germany.


Springerle biscuits.

They are a traditional German Christmas cookie made from flour, eggs, sugar, and anise. The gorgeous embossed designs are made by pressing a mold onto rolled dough and allowing the impression to dry before baking






Here's an example of the type of rolling pin used:

Vintage Springerle Wooden Carved Rolling Pin W/12 Designs

Isn't it unique? I've never seen these types of pins before. 
{Hm...I'll be sure to look for them from now on while shopping}. 

Having these special biscuits were perfect on these cold winter evenings,
especially with a nice cup of hot tea!



Thank you Eike and Albrecht!

Frohe Weihnachten!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

If you're interested in more information or a recipe for Springerle, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Now, I want one of those rolling pins. I may not like to cook, but I love to bake, and I love to bake cookies most of all. I would love to try some of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pretty lady--
    I have just loaded your beautiful blog into my Grow Your Blog post - you are all set. Latest updates are on my blog - see you on the 19th!
    xoxo,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! That little rolling pin is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such elegant treats for a cold winter night. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10