Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Little Something Extra

I eat a lot of salads...
usually twice a day.
Lunch and dinner.
It's all due to my quest to be healthier and Dr. Oz.
Do you watch him?
I really like his show...it seems that there is always something new to learn.

Ok...back to salads.
I have tried just about every low fat/no fat salad dressing on the market 
and they just don't cut it for me anymore.
Turning to Pinterest, I found several recipes...
some good 
and
some not so good.

Here are two {I've modified a bit} that we consider keepers!
Enjoy.



Green Goddess Dressing (inspired by Green Cuisine Cookbook)

1 garlic clove
1 c packed avocado
7-8 tbsp water
5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4-5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 c packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 c packed fresh parsley
1/2 c packed green onion greens

Put all ingredients in a blender/food processor until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.


This one's a little sweeter.

Nathan Pritikin's Italian Dressing (submitted anonymously on Pinterest)

1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c rice vinegar
1/4 c frozen apple juice concentrate
1/4 c water
2 green onions chopped
1/4 tsp dried sage
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in blender until well mixed. Makes about 1.5 cups.

Now, with something a little extra, and really healthy, my salads are even better!


4 comments:

  1. I know totally what you mean about "healthy" salad dressings. I usually use Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinegarette. (I think that's what it's called)...and now I'm going to try yours! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharlotte, I found you on GYB. I'm now a new follower and look forward to making your Green Goddes recipe. Love for you to come by for a visit....anytime.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applause.. applause!! from the woman who starts her day saying "I will make a salad today" and then never does. Hanging my head in shame. However, yesterday I did make a juiced watermelon and carrot drink. I hope that counts as a good start!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on a renewed salad kick too and for the same reason. I have to admit that I have never tried any version of green goddess dressing. I need to try it, and I am positive that I need to try the one with the apple juice. Oh yes...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10