Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Peace and Preparation

This was the title of my morning devotional and boy, did I need to read this.
It's winter, dreary, colder than usual and I could possibly have the "winter blahs". 
However, "... underneath the surface of winter, verdant life is resting and preparing for the season that is to come next. Time of rest are provided by God for a purpose."

Cannon Beach, Oregon

"...he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul..."  Psalm 23:2

I love this quote, I love the beach (or any waters for that fact)...it restores my soul.
So that's what I'm going to keep in my mind for the following days of winter,
 it's a time that is supposed to be for peace and preparation.

With that said, our house "project" has been very slow for about a month and a half...ugh.
The holidays and the weather have all been factors in the slower-than-welcomed pace we are experiencing.
ugh.
We were hoping to be moving in by the end of January...but that's not happening.

Here are a few current pictures:


My husband, aka "Mr. Fix-It," most likely asking, "Where is my last window?"


The Hardi will be painted white, the "silver" part will be brick.
,

On the bright side, the garage doors did get delivered and installed...


...and the shop was delivered.




The sound proofing walls are almost complete...


I just have to remember that it's God's timing, not mine.

*livingthegospellife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10