Follow by Email

Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Finally Tried It!

For months now,
I have been watching all you talented bloggers as you refinish project after project.
At first I thought, "...there is no way I could do that."
Then after seeing more and more amazing transformations
and
all the tutorials,
my confidence was building.

So, my story begins.
I was out thrifting and ran across this guy.


I thought it had great possibilities and would be a good "starter" project.


I took off the little wooden knobs and couldn't wait to start painting that grillwork!


And those pears...cute, but not in my new plan.



I sanded, primed, sanded again,
had to prime again,
sanded again and finally painted.
I loved the fresh new change
but
wanted to try glazing.
It wasn't too difficult
and
I liked the finished product.


I added a wooden piece on the top section {to replace those pears!}


This wasn't so bad!

So...
I think...
I'm going to tackle a "real" project.


My grandfather's workshop, turned husband's storage...
soon to be...
 my storage buffet!
Can't wait!

Thanks to all you wonderful blogging friends out there in blogland for all the inspiration and tutorials.
You are the best!

Stay tuned for part 2!


I'm linking to Susan's Metamorphosis Monday over at her blog, Between Naps on the Porch.
Be sure to stop by for loads of inspiration!



21 comments:

  1. Oh wow that turned out so cute!!! Love the white and the little detail on top. Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that looks amazing, you did a wonderful job. i can't wait to see how the buffet turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shelf turned out wonderful. I love the little placque you added to the top and the finish is just perfect. Your new "buffet" will be just fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. This was your first!!?! I can't believe it. I have so little patience for that sort of thing for some reason. I really can't wait to see your new buffet. What a lovely piece. You are certainly ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! I just used glaze for the first time and was so nervous, but it wa sso easy to do...sometimes we just have to jump in! Your "buffet" is a cool piece...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you did a fabulous job on this lady! Love the new look - really beautiful! You are going to have a ball when you tackle that BIG project - cant wait to see that one all snazzied up!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job. I can hardly wait to see the work bent. That is an amazing, creative idea. I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great transformation! This makes me want to get my paint brush out today...

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. The piece looks so fresh and clean. The wooden applique was a really nice choice... nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty cabinet find! And the transformation is wonderful! It is now a beautiful cabinet! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For a "first" project, you did a wonderful job!
    and I so love your Grandfathers "Storage Bench".. such a wonderful Buffet that will make.. Good luck! I'm sure Grandpa will be smiling at the finished product!
    Sandy
    thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw this on Met Monday and love it. I'm going to be watching for that work bench makeover too. I need prodding and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharlotte, you did a fabulous job! And that next project... oh girlfriend... I would love to have one of those, if I had anywhere to put it. :) Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out wonderful. Beware, Once you start painting..it becomes addictive! Can't wait to see the transformation of the other piece.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. that little cabinet is adorable! You did a great job.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a wonderful job on this piece! It looks great!!! Good work!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful job! You saved that and made it wonderful!! I'm sure you'll do the same with the
    piece of your grandfather's. How fun! There's no stopping you now!!
    Have a blessed week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. It turned out lovely. Keep the projects coming....you've obviously got the talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your first project turned out beautifully! La

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10