Follow by Email

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Seashell Boxes



I found a little shadow box at Salvation Army, scrounged around a bit and found its mate. Yea! I'm always drawn to these and couldn't resist. They were only 99 cents...no harm, right?

I liked the color of the frames but had a different idea for the background. Taking off the back, I replaced  the balloons with burlap and a seashell. It was quick and easy. With a little bit of Windex, I had a new addition to my home.



Because these little guys are only about 4 inches square, they'll be easy to move around from place to place.

For information on making the seashell bottles pictured above, click here.
For the transformation of the blue shelf, click here.

Today I'm joining, Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for her Metamorphosis Monday, Rhoda's Southern Hospitality for her Today's Thrifty Monday, Marty's A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday, and Linda's Coastal Charm for her Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays. Be sure to drop by these ladies' parties for a great time!

Thanks for stopping by to visit...enjoy your day!

18 comments:

  1. Very cute. Now I have some ideas next time I see a little shadow box like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your seashell boxes and the entire vingette. Decorating with shells is one of my favorites.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog and the nice comments. I have a collection of tarnished silver too and love to combine it with other things in vignettes. Your shells and silver are wonderful together...and the little shells and burlap in frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever, simple and stylish, and also, cheap! Love the combo of burlap and the shells, wonderful contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shadow boxes, too. And sea shells! So I really love what you did with these. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't shadow boxes the best. I love the framed shell with the starfish...really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with those shadow boxes!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sensing a theme in this post. Your little cupboard is very beachy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cute little shadow boxes are soooo NIFTY THRIFTY...love the COASTAL look!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sea inspired shadow boxes too. Your turned out nice.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, that is just plain pretty. I want to copy the entire vignette, especially the top photo. Love the thrifty design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like it! Seems like a purchase that could have many looks-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful Sharlotte. I'm going to keep my eye out for shadow box frames. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how pretty. I love your bottles, the shells, the silver, the cloche and everything about both vignettes. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Love the shells on the burlap background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved all your shells, so pretty.
    the bottles with shells on the top are really neat too. Nice vignettes.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. They turned out beautiful. I love seashells and love to display them in different ways. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Charlotte! Your project is featured on my blog today: http://sallyleebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/07/sally-loves-seashells.html

    You are welcome to grab out "you've been featured" button from our sidebar.

    Hope you have a beachy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10