Follow by Email

Friday, September 13, 2013

Thought for the day....strength

Welcome to...Thought for the Day.
It comes from my study of the Bible and things I'd like to share.
I hope you follow along each Friday.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

I have this verse memorized.
I catch myself stating it when I feel I challenged by a situation.

It's not that I want superhuman strength, 
just the strength to do His will. 

As a testimony...
I am constantly amazed with the "proof" of God's love 
and strength for me in my life. 
I find myself praying constantly, talking with God.
I know He loves me.

But sometimes, doubt sets in...
there are so many other things that need His attention in this world;
big, scary things like disease, illness, conflicts...
ugh.
How does He do it all? 
and then listen to little me?
That's a question that I can't answer...but
I rely on Him for everything.
He is my strength.
He is my salvation.
Because...
He proved His love 
by sacrificing His one and only son 
so that I (and you too) 
can have everlasting life with Him in Heaven.
That's beyond amazing.
We just have to believe and have faith.
Jesus died for our sins and rose again.
Think about how great that love is...

So, as I begin today, 
I will remember that I am loved 
and 
supported by my heavenly father.

If you're struggling with something, 
go to God for your strength too, 
He's there waiting to help and loves you more than you'll ever know!

Have a blessed weekend!

I use the Life Application Study Bible, New International Version (NIV) printed by Zondervan

2 comments:

  1. So great to meet you...thank you for your oh-so-kind comment on my little blog! I'm following you right back! It says that you are in Texas--I LOVE TEXAS...my eldest is in college in Texas right now! I SO appreciate your Bible verse/uplifting message and completely concur!

    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just getting around to some blog visits and saw this. I like the post, and I really like the idea to do this on Fridays. You didn't do it this past week, and I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10