Follow by Email

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Revisiting Cloth Napkins...

I know this topic isn't new, but I wanted to revisit these simple bits of luxury.
Cloth napkins.
I think they can really make a table pop, because they can be simple or over- the-top.


One of my favorite things to do is visit fabric shops.
I'm always drawn to the colors and patterns...I think they are very inspirational.
Sometimes I like one color/pattern and then sometimes I'm drawn to something completely different.
Am I a crazy woman who can't make up her mind?
I hope not, please tell me someone else out there feels the same way!
Basically, 
I just love color. 
That's the main reason why I deliberately chose neutrals in my current home.
I wanted to be able to change colors on a whim without completely changing everything or painting walls.
I learned my lesson in my previous home and swore that I wouldn't be tied down to a specific tone or shade.

So here we go, I chose this beautiful fabric partly because of the colors and partly because of the design...
I really liked the birds.

I knew right away that I could purchase just a bit of this fabric 
and could use it to make napkins for a future tablescape.
 To refresh my memory, I began researching quick and easy ways to make napkins.
I found this site and this site.
They are easy to follow directions...a little bit different from each other but great tutorials.

So I followed their directions with a little twist of my own,




and now I have a new set of cloth napkins!
Yippee!
Can you guess the theme of this tablescape?
Yep, apples.

It will be posted on September 25 
I hope to see you then!

 So if fabric makes you swoon too, 
go ahead and pick up a couple of yards and treat yourself to a little bit of luxury...
cloth napkins!
I know you'll be glad that you did!

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Metamorphosis Monday.
Drop by there too, there's always loads of inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. My Mother-in-law still uses clothe napkins to this very day. She is 87 years old. She would never put a paper napkin on the table. She sews hers too. She uses wonderful colors. Love the red....I am thinking you are going to do something Fallish or harvest theme....Can't wait to see what you do. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharlotte, I have been sewing all of my life and, now, that I long to make beautiful napkins like yours, my sewing machine is broken! I have written about this so many times, but I cannot make up my mind (is there a theme here??) to buy a new one. I want one that does embroidery, but I am afraid that I will never figure out how to use it! I love your napkins - the color is gorgeous! I hope that I will see them for the Cuisine Kathleen challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love color, but I have the worst time deciding. I want them all. Your napkins look enticing. Can't wait to see your apple tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty. Those would make a great gift for a girlfriend or family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - love the fabric! Dropping by from Met Monday.
    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabric! I'm sure your table your table is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing how you made these...love that fabric! Cloth napkin do make every day special, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10