Follow by Email

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thought for the Day...gifts.

Welcome to...Thought for the Day.
It comes from my study of the Bible and things I'd like to share.
I hope you follow along each Friday.

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."
1 Peter 4:10
I believe that everyone has God given gifts. 
Some are apparent like musical talents or athletic abilities...
other's not so apparent.
Like the one who holds the door for you or who greets you with a smile...gifts of kindness.
Kindness, compassion, empathy...quiet gifts.
Whatever various gifts we've been given, and we use them as He directs, we praise God.
Basically...
big or small, 
when we use our gifts that we've been given, 
others will see Jesus in us.

Have a blessed weekend!

I use the Life Application Study Bible, New International Version (NIV) printed by Zondervan



2 comments:

  1. Amen, Sharlotte. There are no small gifts! I tend to appreciate those you mentioned as much and sometimes more than the big ones.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharlotte, We all need to remember to be humble. Sometimes it is very hard to stay humble. We all want to crow about our accomplishments. Everything does have it's place in our lives, it's just figuring out the priority list that becomes difficult.

    Thank you for grounding me on this beautiful fall day. I think I will go about my day appreciating what others do and offer to help when I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10