Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

U-Pick...Oregon



I'm a city girl and have NEVER picked my own fruit or vegetables.
I know...sad, isn't it?
However, I could quickly become a country girl if I had a place like this!!!


This is a year round farm, growing just about everything.


Our first stop were the berries.





They were ever-so-sweet.
Here's the proof of the picking!





I'm not a big eggplant person, but they were beautiful!


There was squash...


...and this guy.
Do you know what he is?


Yep, pumpkins!








There were peppers...


...and cucumbers...


...cabbages and lettuce.


There was corn...


...love this one!





And flowers...beautiful flowers.


These were huge!












Believe it or not, this is the center of a sunflower. It's about 15 inches in diameter!
Those black things are the seeds.
amazing


This is our U-Pick produce.
We had an amazing fresh salad that night.




Thanks J and T for another amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures. What a neat trip. I imagine your salad was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10