Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Portland, Oregon...City Life


We took a walking tour of the city and as a "tourist" I discovered that Portland is one of those "cool" towns.
You know, the kind with a huge appreciation of the arts, youth, and green living.
There were people walking with their pets, riding their bikes, taking the trains, and drinking one of their favorite beverages...coffee.


I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I drank my share of the delectable delight...
and what every Portlander knows, coffee goes better with some type of bakery treat.


The choices were limitless, I had the try this one...


...the Oregon Croissant.
And yes, it was as delicious as it looks.

We visited an amazing store, Powell's Book. It covered an entire city block and filled approximately 3 stories!


I would classify this place as a super-huge Half Price Books. There were previously read books and new books sitting side by side on the shelves.
We roamed and roamed...gotta love the smell of knowledge!


More Portland flavor...
...steps in the library.
Can you find the hidden words?


More attention to details.


This is an another example of the amazing spaces we found...
...two buildings connected to form a new space.


Stores took up shop in old warehouses,


and filled them nicely!
There were new items...


...and vintage items.


 My weakness...


... and their back-plates.


Basically, tons of inspiration!


The city was truly a feast for your eyes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10