Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gorgeous Oregon




My husband and I had such a wonderful time visiting our son and daughter-in-law in Portland, Oregon. 
He's in grad school, she's teaching...we're so proud of them!
They greeting us at the airport and after long awaited hugs, they whisked us off to their home.
We had a welcome basket filled with Oregon treats and fresh flowers waiting just for us.


Their pet LuLu was glad to see us too...she was a bit shy at first, but warmed up quickly.


It was our first trip to the area and our gracious hosts filled our days and evenings with wonderful memories.
If you've been following along, we have seen amazing treasures of nature: 
Mt. Tabor
Rose Gardens
Japanese Gardens
City walking tour
Saturday Market
Cannon Beach
U-Pick Farms
Multnomah Falls
Mt. Hood
And we were only there for 5 days!


Then there were the meals we ate.
I wish I had taken pictures of the restaurants...no chains here!
Let's see, there was:
Greek
Lebanese
Italian
Bakery Treats
Coffees
Teas
Pizza
Fresh fruits and vegetables
Buffets with an array of delights


There was walking and talking, sharing and worshiping.
It was such a wonderful experience to visit the places in their lives, to see how they spend their days.

When I began this series of posts, I wanted to document our trip.
I wanted to remember all the special memories.
I wanted to document all I learned from a totally different kind of living environment.
For instance,
do you know what we're doing here?


Yep...filling up the car with gasoline. 
In Texas, there are self-pump stations on just about every corner.
 In Oregon, you have to truly search for stations. 
I guess it's due to all the Prius and Subaru vehicles Oregonians drive. 
This shot is a station that's part of a Taxi company.
It's in a warehouse you drive through. Enter one side, exit on the other!
 And guess what else? You can't pump your own gas in Oregon!  State law.
It was really nice to have it done for you!
It was a little pricier, but not too bad.

I learned that no matter how much space you have, there's always room for growing something good and healthy to eat.


And in this big old world, we're all basically alike...
we work really hard in our chosen fields:


love special treats:


and most importantly, love our families.


We love you guys!
Thanks again for a special and memorable trip.
Looking forward to our next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10