Follow by Email

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rust-oleum Spray Paint


Using spray paint is nothing new in Blogland...I'll bet most of us have cans and cans stashed away, plus project after project in which spray paint has been used.
However, 
I tried something different...
here's a clue:

Want another hint?


Yep...painting my sandals.

As you can tell, these babies have been my staples...well worn and well loved.
They are Naturalizers and ever-so-comfortable!
I even have a brown pair!

I wanted a pair in silver, but they are not to be found 
(probably because they are about 5+ years old and I'm sure they don't make this style any more.)

Anyway, I thought I'd try painting them.
I crossed my fingers and pulled the trigger.

What do you think?


They are really great for pants - they peek out just a bit.



It's really a win/win for me...they are still very comfortable and now I have a silver pair!
I've already worn them twice and the paint has held up very well! 
No paint on my feet, no cracking or peeling!
Yea!

I'm linking up with Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for her Metamorphosis Monday.


4 comments:

  1. OMG! That is the neatest trick. I would never have thought to do this, ever. Way to go and those sandals look amazing in silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I have to try this!! I would never have thought to do this, but it makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, they came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlotte... you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10