Follow by Email

Monday, February 14, 2011

Picked up a few treasures...

I'm so glad that Linda over at Coastal Charm has a weekly party, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday so that we can see each other's treasures. Be sure to drop by and take a look!

I just wanted to share a jackpot day, you know, one of those days were you find really great things while thrifting? {I suppose people had cleaned their cabinets after Christmas and were ready to get rid of a few things.} I just happened to be at the right places at the right time. First stop, Salvation Army, and saw this set:



Yep, the decanter {with lid} and six glasses for around $6.00. I couldn't resist...and the silver plate tray? $4.99. It's very heavy...perfect for displaying this set. So, for ten dollars and a bit of change I had a few new treasures!



Second stop, my favorite consignment shop...found these beauties:



I'm not sure if the glass crystals are the original ones or not, but I like them very much, they really add drama.



These two are quite heavy, made of some type of medal, brass perhaps? The base is marble and a little chippy, adds character, right?

Then I found this set of Libby glasses. They are marketed as pink, but they look a little more peachy.



They are a perfect match for the little glass plate I picked up at my routine antique stop for $6.00...a perfect piece of depression glass, pattern: Old Colony. Just goes to show, you never know what you'll find! So for all those trips that didn't amount to much, this one paid off!

5 comments:

  1. Bingo on hitting your jackpot! I love the treasures that you found. I would really like to know more about the pattern on the decanter set, as I have many pieces with that pattern. And the pink! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Week Sharlotte!!!
    Wow did you score! I LOVE every single thing you bought and if I had seen them first, "They would have followed me home"! It's amazing what we can get. I don't know WHY anyone shops for new, hehe! Thank you for sharing your new treasures!
    "Hugs to you",
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you found, especially the Libby glasses. They're beautiful.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlotte what lovely treasures you've found. I hope you've had a wonderful Valentine's week. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some really wonderful things. That decanter set and tray are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10