Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kindness...


No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.      Aesop


Listening to all that's happening these days, it seems that the world needs more kindness. I know it's been an age~old thought, but "...wouldn't things be better if we all shared a little bit of kindness?"


I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to drop by to visit for loads of inspiration!



My sister's friend, Becky, sent me two pedestals "just because." She saw a previous "purple" post and thought that I would enjoy these little beauties too. What a wonderful surprise...such a sweet act of kindness. I was truly touched! Becky, if you're reading this, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Can you see it in the picture? It has the pretty scalloped edges and is just the perfect size.



It's great for holding a flower, candle, candy, or well, even a cloche. It's a perfect match for my new flamingos, don't you think? Those little guys were a gift from my sister. I'm not sure where she found them, but I just love their color.


So tonight, my table is about sharing kindness with friends and family, sharing things I love.




{Do you see Becky's second pedestal holding the coral?}




So to my sister and new friend, Becky, thank you for spreading a little kindness, you've made a world of difference in my life!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! How nice of your sister to send you that purple stemware - they are lovely and so is she! The colour combo of your little 'scape is terrific, the sage green with the purple is wonderful. I have that same beautiful Martha Stewart tablecloth with the hydragenas on it - got it for $7.00 at a clearance sale. The accessories/dishes you've chosen will look great on it.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random acts of kindness are the best. For the giver, and the receiver. Lovely pictures.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharlotte, truly wonderful to know that such kindness is going around. Beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh.... you are so kind, too, Sharlotte... your posts are so well written and fun to read. I love the purple. It has such a calming effect. Becky's pieces are especially cute within your tablescape. It was really sweet of her to pass those pieces on to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the napkins AND the napkin rings!!! What a beautifully serene setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pedestal is wonderful...It will be useful for a number of different things...I can see it filled with a 'posy' for a centerpiece. I'm really drawn to the softness of your green striped napkin with the shell napkin ring. A beautiful finishing touch. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple stemware is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10