Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

An Avon gift.

When my husband and I got married, we were given two mugs that were dark burgundy.


I always enjoyed using them, they were the perfect size for a warm treat on a cold winter night. It wasn't till a few years ago that I just happen to look on the bottom of one of the mugs and saw that they were made by Avon. I didn't even realize that Avon made this particular glassware.

One afternoon, my sister, mother, and I were shopping at our favorite consignment shop and discovered a set of dinner plates in the same pattern. {I couldn't believe it! I never thought about finding the matching pieces, I always thought my mugs were just a unique set.} These plates were a great price and in mint condition so I purchased them...the hunt had begun.  After a few months, I had enough pieces to complete 6 place settings!

 I added a little sparkle with a few silver pieces...
















Happy Valentines' Day!



In case you're interested:

goblets, salad plates, mugs: Ebay

tablecloth, napkin rings: Tuesday Morning

various silver-plate: thrifted

vintage valentines: from two of my favorite valentines

I'm linking to Susan for her Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to drop by for a visit!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! I especially like the napkin rings and those vintage Valentine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. It's hard to match red toile. I know because I've been trying. It's a unique color red, and your Avon dishes compliment it just perfectly! Those napkin rings are the perfect match too. Loved it all, Sharlotte.

    You made me laugh with the little yam/sweet patootie card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What eye candy! Especially for Valentine's. It is so fun have favorites to hunt for when thrift shopping. It makes for some really fun experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lynne@lynnesgiftsfromtheheartFebruary 10, 2011 at 7:49 AM

    Your ruby table is gorgesous, I love the touches of silver with it... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...first, I cannot believe my husband is sitting here looking at your tablescape with me and actually debating with me on the elements!!! This is surreal at best! By the way, he really likes your salt & pepper shakers. Very pretty silver (especially the covered butter dish...I don't see a lot of those anymore, and I miss them!), and I LOVE the pattern of your tablecloth! Glad to see you are still enjoying your burgundy mugs! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sharlotte! I'm hoping over to see your Pretties and "It's JUST SO amazing how we are all so alike here... I have a full set of the Avon Cape Cod because I was selling Avon at the time when they introduced it... If you look at the little wine goblets on the bottom SOME(but rare) will have a SPECIAL MARK. These were ONLY given to the representatives SO if you are strolling a flea market LOOK for a different mark and "GRAB" IT! I'm giving you the link here on WHO MADE our beautiful Cape Cod set... It's very interesting... AND Have you "SEEN" the pedestal cake plate. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it! I don't have one "YET"!!! When I first got the set "WAY BACK WHEN" I used to put the salad plates in my dining room window to reflect the sun from Christmas through Valentines Day. It was SO PRETTY!
    I LOVE your table. I MUST go scout out my set. I haven't had them out "In YEARS"... Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me of them...
    This is the link of the designers of Avon Cape Cod.
    http://www.coesmercantile.com/avon-cape-cod.html
    "Happy Valentines Day"!
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ruby glass is so lovely. Perfect with your tablecloth and the silver is truly the icing on the cake! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy (belated) Valentine and Thank you so much for sharing your Valentine terrific Table setting. I'm dying of envy at your findings.
    And Toile d'Jouy :sigh: could this table be more romantic? I doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The napkin rings are to die for.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10